Prezi Next Desktop Path Settings not working?

Hi all, I am a long standing Prezi user and have a large number of Prezi Classic presentations. Recently, the web-based Prezi editor made me happy, because it flawlessly imported my old Prezis to convert them into the new (Next) format.

I also downloaded the Prezi Next Desktop app to be able to edit remotely and without access to the web. The converted Prezis would show, open and all.

However, I cannot edit the path. The Path Settings side bar (on the left in the App) is empty. And I cannot activate it.

I am using Version 1.40.0 (26934) of Prezi Next on a Mac with macOS Catalina (10.15.7) on an Intel MacBook Pro 16 (2019).

Any idea what could go wrong? Do I have to configure something?

Thanks for any hints, Jörn

Hello @Joern_B, please check the following image on how to find your path settings through the app (I have tested this under the same version and OS):

Were you able to find it now?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi @Catarina, thanks a lot for your quick reply. Yes, I found this button. However, when I try to use it, it won’t work. Here is what I do:

1. Convert my Classic Prezi in the Online Editor (in the Browser)
  2. Load the converted Prezi into the Next (offline) editor
  3. Try to edit the path, but path window remains gray…
    I have attached the two views of the same Prezi presentation in the browser based editor and in the offline editor.

Any ideas?

Thanks and all the best,
Jörn

Hello @Joern_B, I have also investigated the presentation through the desktop app and I was able to select the path feature, as you can see here.

What happens when you click on it?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hello @Catarina,

I am really grateful for your continued and quick support, thank you!

I see the same thing as you do. However, I was expecting to see the actual path as is the case in the online editor. There I can edit it (e.g. remove frames, etc.), while in the app I cannot, because I see the empty gray zone to the left :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Jörn

@Joern_B I get what you mean now :slight_smile: That function hasn’t been implemented in the desktop application yet, but it should come very soon. I’ll let you know when the next release is out!

@Catarina, I see. I’ll wait patiently for one of the next updates then. No problem at this point, since I can (in most cases) work around this by using the online editor.

Have a nice holiday season! :christmas_tree:

1 Like