Prezi Present editor freezing (Chrome and Edge)

Two days ago started freezing as soon as the load started for an edit session in Chrome
Retried several times and waited more than 1 hour.

Moved to Edge browser - which worked thankfully, as a major presentation to complete and deliver yesterday,

This morning (day three) same problem loading into Edge!

But - startlingly now loads and works in the Chrome browser

All on the same (Windows 10 PC)

This is worryingly unreliable. What’s happening and how can I know that Prezi Present is going to be reliable. It was bad enough being forced of Classic after all this time - I was one of your earliest users and it was always pretty reliable.

ALSO loaded the new desktop app which is unusable/buggy too - no path on left or ability to create path or ‘Zoom areas’! Yet the path clealy exists as it is used when I click present.

Come on team - get your act together!

I don;t want to have to go elsewhere!

1 Like

Hello @Barry_James, thank you so much for sharing your feedback, was this happening with all your converted presentations or with a specific one?

Hope to hear from you soon!

All. New and old.

(I was notified about this by email or otherwise, hence the delay).

Thanks for confirming @Barry_James, could you please tell us which browser version of Chrome do you have?

We apologize for the delay with the desktop application, there will be a new release soon that will reflect exactly the same functions existing in the editor!

Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

@Barry_James could you please try to update it to the latest version (88.0.4324.96)?

Now updated to Google Chrome is up to date Version 88.0.4324.104 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Now seems able to load in both Edge and Chrome.

What happened. Will it be reliable from now on?

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the confirmation @Barry_James, it seems like the Prezi Present editor is not working correctly with some older versions of Chrome, so it should be reliable from now on.

Thanks for letting me know.

PS
It did have the same problem on Edge browser for a short time here - a couple of days IIRC

1 Like

@Barry_James are the problems both in Chrome and Edge resolved now?

Hope to hear from you soon!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Prezi won’t load correctly

Similar issue here- multiple users across different networks/browsers etc. reporting that all my presentations won’t load - just the “loading…” ring which hangs indefinitely. They do not work for me either. Following on the comments here I can try updating Chrome- but what about for all the end users- it should at least tell them that they need to update their browser. The majority of them have well updated browsers/machines also… I am currently on Version 88.0.4324.104 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi @David_Holland, could you please send me the link of the presentation and paste a screenshot of the issue here so I can investigate it?