Prezi Present - how to edit the path?

As Stephen_Rowley I’m disapointed not to can have a topic no include in the path.
It’s me or we have more liberty on prezy next than old versions ?

Dear Catarina,

I do like the possibility to group a talk into topics and am really trying hard to get a usable work flow with this new structure. Now you say: “you can also copy and paste them directly into the desired element”. And indeed it would be very helpful to copy/paste or even better move some pages from one topic to another (e.g. a “spare slide” topic for slides not used in the current presentation). But this does not seem to work for pages but only for planet subtopics, right? (I only use stack topics because I have great trouble with the planets appearing off the edge of my screen when I try to edit a topic and I don’t see a way to zoom out to actually see them).

Same with the library - in principle a good idea for parking slides and using them in another topic or other presentation, but it seems to work only properly for planet subtopics and not for pages from a stack. Why not, and when will this be fixed? And is the library stored locally on my machine, i.e. available offline? I must be able to prepare a presentation while in a plane to a conference.

I ask again whether it would not be a very simple but very useful fix if one could just remove slides (pages, subtopics) from the path simply by right-clicking on them and getting a “remove from path” option? Then we could at least shorten an existing presentation depending on how much time we’re allocated, by simply skipping some pages while leaving them in place for use in the next longer talk. This is a very elementary functionality most people will need. Who has never given a somewhat shorter version of an existing presentation?

OK I could make a copy of the whole presentation and then just delete slides out of that, but then my presentation would branch out into several parallel versions the next time I add a new slide.

It would be great if Prezi catered for the very practical needs of professional people using evolving complex talks that are presented in different versions, longer and shorter, again and again. It seems to be designed only with people in mind who make a new presentation from scratch for each talk.

Hello all,
When I edit the path, I do change the the path of a zoom area, the animation added, stay in the previous place. For example I do have a zoom area at the 40th rank and when I do take to 36 th. all the animations added, stay at 40th.
Is there any way to change or edit the path with the zoom area together with the animations? Or is it another negative issue compared to Prezi Classic?

Hi @Okan_Tansu, please note that the zoom area and the animations are not tied together as they were in Prezi Classic. If you wish to move the animations with the Zoom Area you would need to move them after you have moved the zoom area.

Or you can use a topic as all the animations you add into a topic moves with the topic.

Hope this helps!

How on earth you succeed to make things worse and more complicated every time you update the platform… It is a really interesting case…
You might be the only software platform company making it worse, limiting the capabilities at every update… Chapeau and applause…

Thanks, @Okan_Tansu for your feedback, I’m going to forward it to our product team.

Dear Prezi Team,

I am Steve and I have used Prezi since 2013 or 2014 which I really appreciate and enjoy the experiences and unlimited way of doing presentation slides brought by Prezi Classic these few years. Although I had relatively less presentations compare with those people above, I had successfully amazed my audiences almost every time I do a presentation with Prezi which also attract some of my classmates started to try out Prezi. However, since the end of the last year, I disappointedly found out that, no longer does Prezi offer such freedom and creative ways of making the presentation slide. With the set path editor (is that still an editor???) and all the limitations (eg: cannot just add a shape (slide) and edit it, drag everything together when you want to relocate them, etc.) Everything just went unintuitively. For me, the main reason for using Prezi was those freedoms. Back in the day when I was using Prezi classic, I felt the only limitation was my brain, whatever idea I had in mind I could make them happen on Prezi Classic.
However, since last year, two things happened which forced me to use PowerPoint recently for almost all of my projects.

1. Since last year idk when, when I need to do the presentation with Prezi classic, I couldn’t use the framework page (there was a topic somewhere in the Prezi community) and the Team didn’t fix it until the Prezi Classic was shut down. I understand that by the time there was only less one year time left for Prezi Class, on business’ perspective, there was no reason to fixed the function on a dying software. But as users, we felt got ignored by the Prezi team.
  2. As I addressed above, the new Prezi present is so unintuitive. No longer do I feel the freedom and everything is complex right now. No longer do I enjoy making presentations with Prezi. Furthermore, I started my internship recently, which means I have the time pressure to complete the presentations and do not have the time to learn and get used to the new functions (I watched the videos but just need the time to get used to those things). I was forced to use PowerPoint. And surprisingly, after few years didn’t use PowerPoint, I could still relearn all the functions I need quickly.
    The reason I’m writing this comment here today is that, recently, there is one project which I think is better to use Prezi to make the presentation (because I do prefer Prezi Classic than PPT). However, after spending the whole afternoon learning the Prezi Present, I still couldn’t get it. I am so frustrated right now and I think eventually I will still use the PowerPoint for my current project. However, I just want the Prezi Team to know that the new Prezi had eliminated its best selling point (freedom, no limitation, and intuitive way of making presentation) which will only push more people like me (who used to be the loyal user) away.
    I really wish that one day Prezi will bring back those features or just make Prezi Classic back. I’m happy to come back anytime when Prezi brings back those features!

Sincerely,

Steve

2 Likes

How can I delete a path without deleting the topics and subtopics?

Hi @Kerstin_Stuessel, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.

Please note that you cannot remove a topic from the path without removing the topic.

You can, however, add Zoom Areas to your presentations that can be removed from the path without removing the Zoom Area.

Hope this helps!

Anyone from the Prezi team willing to answer this? I’ve been a loyal Prezi user for many years, despite a lot of trouble with the software. I do hope you have some interest in the needs of professional presenters trying to work with Prezi.

1 Like

Hi Prezi team,

I share the same frustration with all the comments here by Stephen and others.

I have used and paid for ezi since 2009 2010 when you first started and i really like the idea of working on a big canvas, throw all of our ideas there, work on them, organize them, and then add/delete path any way we want to lead the audiences through our complex subject.

Your Prezi present really damages the core concept of Prezi classic and hinder our ability to fully express our topic and takes up EVEN MORE TIME.

I can’t tell you how frustrated I am or we are. If you and the team can’t address these issues or propose a roadmap, you definitely won’t have me and many old customers as your customers in the future.

Please reply and let us know whether you will seriously consider what we say here, if not, i will be the first one to leave and cancel the subscription. I can’t pay for something i can’t use.

Regards,
P

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Adding “fake” topics and subtopics to spice up the default animations

Hi Prezi, just checking in on this and the other thread where this was under discussion.

Can you advise of any progress in fixing the issues with path editing in Prezi? I want to use Prezi for semester 2 teaching but it is not fit for purpose without the path editing issues fixed. Myself and others raised this issue six months ago nd we were told the issue was being taken seriously. Is there any progress on fixing the issues?

Stephen Rowley

No updates? Really?

Hi Stephen, i am seriously waiting for their response as well. They really limit us the way we present and flow through complex idea…

Prezi Team, please answer. I am considering canceling the subscription if i cant use this.

Regards,
P

2 Likes

Please Prezi Team!! Maybe you guys are engineers, but we are creatives!! Without path freedom I cannot make my presentations custom time size for my students. Please consider!

1 Like

Hello Prezi, anyone? Anyone?

Thanks Prezi, after using your product for a decade I am now embarking on my teaching this semester using Keynote.

You had six month from myself and others raising these issues early this year and did nothing; now you can’t even give the courtesy of an update or an acknowledgment in this thread.

I can’t believe how you have hobbled your own software and alienated people who used to be core customers.