Prezi presentation via 3rd party app

Dear all,

We use the Prezi Player (https://prezi.github.io/prezi-player/) to integrate Prezis into our application. This works well, but we face a problem with videos, they don’t automatically start to play.

When we use the “.flyToStep(step_idx, animation_step_idx)” function to move between steps and animation steps, videos don’t play.

Is there a way to programmatically tell Prezi to start playing videos? The videos auto-start if we use the controls provided by the Prezi player, but they don’t start if we use API calls to navigate through the presentation.

Thanks and regards,

Hello @Lars_Schops, I’ve contacted our developers regarding this and their answer was that
the Prezi Player API is not officially supported and that the function you mentioned is currently not available, however it might be added to their backlog in the future. If you have any other questions feel free to reach out to us, we’ll be happy to help.

Does Prezi offer an API to upload ppt files which can be used by 3rd-party apps?

I wanna upload ppt files by my website and show them in an embedded Prezi viewer without opening prezi.com.

Hello @Marc_Hermann, I merged your post with the relevant thread. Currently, Prezi doesn’t offer any API for that feature, but we are sending this suggestion to our development team :slight_smile:

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please, feel free to reach out to us!

Hi Sara,
I am building an educational website for pathology and dermatology residents and would like to embed my prezi lectures (>40). The issue I am having is that the iframe embed thumbnail (black with a big button) is not appealing so I will cover it with an overlay image div. I would like to start the presentation by clicking on the overlay image that will simultaneously hide. Could someone from your team help me how to implement this? I would greatly appreaciate. Thank you.

Hi @Andras_Schaffer_MDPh, I’ve reached out to our developers and they have suggested the following:

Our recommendation would be to implement some simple javascript that clicks on the big play button inside the iframe.
Something like this would work: document.querySelector('.viewer-common-info-overlay-button-small-filled').click()

The idea would be to trigger this function when the outer thumbnail is clicked, which can be implemented with a “click” event listener.

Hi Bart,
Sorry for the late response and thank you for your suggestions.we made it work so we no longer have the dark overlay and blue button on the embedded iframe.

1 Like