Prezi Video via Facebook Live

I teach and must be online with lectures when students are COVID positive simultaneously with in-person classes. I want to use video conferencing. My school requires me to use Facebook Live. I can make everything work EXCEPT showing my slides beside me in the video. I am using MacBook Pro and Chrome. I work through all the steps supplied but I am not successful. Is there any help for me. Thanks, w

Hi @Walter_Norvell, streaming via Facebook Live is a bit tricky, but I would recommend you to check this article for the solution.

Hope this helps!

I am very aware of the Prezi/Facebook page. This morning after days of trying, I got this to work. In fact, I logged off and practiced three times so I could do it. I turned off my laptop, went to class and could not get it to work again. I follow the steps precisely. Even our IT guy watched on my shoulder (from 6 feet away) and said I am working the instructions exactly. All I can get the desktop app to do is ask “need help?” after I select video conference. This morning when it worked, it would show “chrome connected.” I cannot get that message again. I have been trying for a couple of weeks. I am desperate. I need this to work. I have been using prezi for years. I can record perfectly. But now I need to stream live to FaceBook. Half of my students are in quarantine and need to be connected to the class in real time. Do you have any other advice?

Is there a support number I can call and have someone walk me through this?

Hi @Walter_Norvell, I would advise you to contact our chat support for immediate assistance on the following link.
Hope this helps!

OK. I did all that. I am able to use Prezi video better now. However, one problem remains. If I turn off my laptop the Prezi video app will not connect to FaceBook again with my next class. I then have to download all over again and start over with it. Then it usually works. That is up to 3x + per day. How can I prevent this? Is the app unstable? What might I be doing wrong. I am using MacBook Pro, Chrome, Facebook live. Thanks, W

Hi @Walter_Norvell, could you send me a full screenshot about what is happening exactly when it does not connect to Facebook?