Problem with Prezi Video virtual camera

Hello,

Other the past few weeks, I have being trying to speak to my friends online through video call on messenger. On every other app I am able to use the inbuilt camera on my computer, yet when i video call on messenger, my video feed appears with the Prezi virtual video camera logo and I have tried everything i can to remove this, however have been unsuccessful. I was wondering if anyone can help.

thank you in advance.

Hello @kyran_proudfoot, could you please try to change the camera settings in Google Chrome? You should be able to select the built-in camera in your computer.

Please, let us know if this could help! :slight_smile:

Hello,

Yes i’ve gone onto google chrome settings and set it to the inbuilt camera, but it still appears with Prezi virtual camera when i’m on messenger video chat.

Hello @kyran_proudfoot, could you also try to clear the cache/cookies of your browser?

Let us know if this could help!

Hello,

Ive tried that to and Prezi video continues to appear.

If i start the call, my built in camera works, it seems to be only when I’m answering a video call does press video appear.

Hello @kyran_proudfoot, could you send us the system specifications of your computer please?

Having the same problem where i’ve uninstalled Prezi video but it still takes over the webcam when accessing google chrome such as messenger

Hello @CO-OP_Programs_Unive, could you please send us yous system specifications so we can assist you? Have you changed the settings in Chrome as recommended here?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi, this is the same for me and I have done all means to remove Prezi. Seems like a very invasive software and what is strange is that it is only in FB messenger this is happening. I have already uninstalled Prezi from my MacBook Pro 15 2019 edition. My other calls in Zoom, Google Meet, Teams, and Virtual classroom for my LMS are all set with my mac built in camera. Clearing cache and cookies I have done that too so many times. FB messenger seems to be where Prezi is sticking.

Just a note in case you will revert back to the advise, camera settings are all done. Prezi is still there appearing as an option even when I have it uninstalled in my Mac.

1 Like

Hello @RhealynM, we are very sorry for the inconvenience this issue is causing you. We can also recommend to manually remove the Prezi Video Virtual Camera plugin from your Mac:

• Open up Finder on your Mac;
  • Click on GO on the top taskbar, and select Go to Folder;
  • Paste /Library/CoreMediaIO/ and open the folder;
  • Look for a file called PreziVideo.plugin and move it to the trash;

Then, reopen the application/website that is having issues with the camera and check if it has been removed. A computer restart would also be helpful :slight_smile:

Let us know if this could help!

Hi @Catarina, there is no more PreziVideo.plugin.
I have already removed all prezi related stuff inside my mac.
So, I’m afraid this will not resolve the issue.

Hello @RhealynM, could you please send us a screenshot of what you see when you access the camera settings in Chrome?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hello,
I have the same problem as RhealynM, makbook pro 18, Catalina ox.
messenger and Prezi video updated today.
I don’t want to lose Prezi, I use it with Skype, but I can’t change the camera setting in messenger, the only place I don’t want to use Prezi video.
thank you for helping on this.

Hi @Fouad_Nakhla, is this a standalon messneger app you refer to or you access the messenger from a browser?
Could you send us a screenshot of the issue?

yes it a standalon messneger app not from a browser. and only when I receive the call not when I start the call.
I will send you a screenshot as soon as possible.
thank you for your help.

I, too, am having all these issues and more. The camera in FB 90% (but not 10%, which is extra weird) only wants to run the Prezi camera. My external camera only works about 1/2 the time in Zoom, because only Prezi is available as an option. I have uninstalled the software AND gone through and removed all individual files I can find related to Prezi on my computer. This has rendered my conferencing software useless. Classes have resumed, and not being able to use my camera is not tenable. How do I REMOVE Prezi ENTIRELY from my computer?

Hi @Gina_Varrichio, could you tell me if you are using a Window or a Mac system?