Recording Embedded Audio

I’ve embedded audio clips to each of the topics and subtopics in my Prezi…awesome feature! However, when I try to record my Prezi, I cannot access the audio embedded within the Prezi itself. Is there a feature that will allow me to change the audio input for the recording?

1 Like

Hi @Benjamin_Currier, you can only use the microphone input on your device as the input for Prezi Video. Currently the inserted audio or video is not played during the recording.
I’ll pass along your feedback to our developers.

I’m having a similar issue:
I have embedded youtube vids into my presentation. They work just fine when I go into present-mode to review everything on my computer. However, I’m giving this presentation over zoom and they won’t play when I’m doing it through zoom.

Am I missing something?

Hey @Lyndon_Cudlitz at the moment it’s not possible for Prezi Video presentations to play the audio or video inside them. I’ll notify the developers of your request, however.

Hello!

I intent to record a prezi video which contains an audio file.
Everything works fine during ‘present’ but once I hit record the audio file doenst play or isnt audible.

Is it not possible to play and inserted audio file during video recording or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Hey @Michiel_van_Vugt I’ve merged your request to the relevant thread, currently it’s not possible to add embedded audio to your Prezi Video. We’ll let you know once we have any updates.

I see that having no audio for recorded presentations isn’t a possibility yet. I do not understand why that was not a consideration in developing this app. It really defeats the purpose of going through all the trouble of creating a fully integrated presentation that has to be viewed offline by many. Many of us collaborated on a group project for a big presentation, only to find out at the last minute that it is of no use. Very devastating!

Hi @Rebecca_Phillips, could you please specify which feature was missing from your recorded presentation? Was it background music on your Prezi Video or the audio on an inserted video?

I am trying to create a video with audio narration, not using camera presenter option. I’ve given up on the record option (clunky, unreliable, not editable) and instead have recorded separate audio clips per slide (in MP3 format), which I can attach via the online editor… All works great except there appears to be no way of converting this into an MP4 video. Can’t do it online, can’t do it with desktop app. Both options appear to require me to manually record audio per slide. So, how do I do it?
Gotta say - video creation process is really clunky. Hate it.

Hi @Clive_Hilton, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.

Please note that it’s not possible to play back inserted audio files on Prezi Video so the only way to narrate your content is to record it on the spot while showing your presentation.

I’ll make sure to forward your feedback to our product team.

Hello Bart.
Thanks for replying. So if it is not possible to do this, why include the capability of attaching clips to the slides? This is why I find Prezi so infuriating. Half-cooked features that end up causing needless problems.

Best wishes,
Clive

I don’t find this option today: narrated video to my presentation How to add narration to your presentation in Prezi Present - YouTube Where it is? I don’t use the application in my computer because i have problems to install it, but yesterday and previous days, using the explorer, i could make some videos with the presentation only with the audio. Why that option disappeared?

Hi @MOON, thanks for reporting this.

Could you please specify what is the issue exactly? I have double-checked and this video is still up to date, so you should be able to record your video the same way as it is shown on the video you have linked.

Where are you getting stuck exactly?

Hello Bart. No, you deactivated me that option, I don’t see that. You are forcing me to activate the camera and If that occurs, I can’t do it because I haven’t could install the application in my computer and the online version in the explorer makes imposible to do the video. I paid the subscription for making videos only with the voice. As you can see in the picture, only appear that option and I don’t see I can select what to do, if to activate camera or make the presentation video only with my voice. Please, check that because you aren’t giving to me what you promised me. Thanks!

Hello @MOON, thanks for the screenshot.

So if I understand clearly you do not get the popup window asking if you would like to show yourself on the camera or not when recording your presentation?

So this popup is missing?

Could you please login to your Prezi account in a Google Chrome incognito window and try it there?

You can open an incognito window in Google Chrome by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + N on a Windows PC or CMD + SHIFT + N on a Mac.

If this helps, then I would advise you to clear your cache by pushing CTRL + SHIFT + DEL (or CMD + SHIFT + DELETE on a Mac). Please make sure you select “All Time” in “Time Range”.

If this still does not help you can scroll down on the sidebar that you have shown, and click on “Record Video” without allowing your camera, this would give you the same narration feature.

Hope this helps!