Reusing elements of a Prezi Next presentation

structure

Hello
I would like to know whether it is possible to copy-paste a part of a presentation to include it in another one or any other way to successfully transfer a part of a presentation to another one. Many thanks in advance. Tom

You can copy-paste elements or even complete topics from previously created Prezi Next presentations. After designating the content you’d like to reuse, you can add them to your new presentation by using keyboard shortcuts.

This is one of the BEST reasons why I love Prezi Next so much!! It’s so easy to grab entire topics (animations included) from one Prezi into another in the new platform. Thank you for making my job so much smoother & more enjoyable as a result. :heart:

I am trying this but all in vain. Can you or Prezi Next created and share a screencast to see how one does it?

I give quite a lot of talks about the same topic but each talk is a variation on a theme and it would be useful to be able to reuse elements. It’s one of the things I miss about the previous generation slide software.

Please find the screencast here.

I have selected all the elements using CMD + A (CTRL + A for Windows) and then I pasted the elements into the other presentation using CMD + V (CTRL + V for Windows). As you can see in the GIF, the structure becomes linear and would need to be readjusted if necessary but the topic contents remain the same.

And here you can see how to reuse just one element, the shortcuts used are CMD + C (CTRL + C for Windows) and CMD + V (CTRL + V for Windows).

Can I move content from an existing Prezi Next presentation into a new one or do I have to recreate all over again?

Yes, you can copy and paste content from one presentation into another but please know there might be differences after pasting, depending on the template, presets, and etc.

Thanks Lana, but can I take a complete page (with animations etc) and copy it to a different Prezi next presentation?

Yes, you can do that and the animations should remain as well.

Copy pasting animations doesn’t work for me, I have tried it several times, even within the same presentation using the same template. The animations always get lost. Is there some hidden preset I have to change?

@Lukas, could you please share your computer’s specifications with us? A link to the presentation would be really useful too.

In the meantime, I have tested copy-pasting animation on a Mac in Chrome and it appears to work:

@Lana

Copy pasting an entire subtopic does work, but it’s not what I want to do.

I want to copy paste a selection of elements within a topic, and have their animations copied as well. Otherwise I end up with just a bunch of layered elements without animations and no way to efficiently edit them.

Alternatively, if copying the whole subtopic is the only way to go, I would like to fade in that subtopic in between existing animantions instead of fading it in at the very end. Is that possible?

Another thing that would give me a way to work around the problem somewhat would be to make a subtopic’s bubble invisible on the canvas. Ist that possible?

Thanks!

Nevermind this question. It’s doable by setting the opacity of the subtopic bubble all the way down.

Although the copied topic/subtopic is added to the end of the path, you can switch up the order by placing the copied topic between existing topics, please check this post with a recommended workaround!