Reusing elements of a Prezi presentation

Hello @Lino_Rodrigues, it’s not possible to copy topics/subtopics from the Prezi Next editor to the PPT one because they behave differently :slight_smile: it’s only possible to copy them to another Next presentation.

Oh, I thought the one I was trying to copy to was a normal prezi presentation… How do in know it is a different kind?

Thanks, I will try with a new prezi from scratch…

Hello @Lino_Rodrigues, you can select the type of presentation from the dashboard:

14%20PM

It’s possible to recognise the difference between because in the PPT version you can see the content inside of the topics:

Thanks, I will try and let you know :+1:

1 Like

I’ve had a similar issue, actually. Copying Topics will work, carrying over all the nested subtopics within, but trying to do the same at the Subtopic level will only paste the first page. I’m wondering if it has to do with Planet vs. Stack types? My topics happen to be planets but my subtopics are stacks. (If I could put on the “wishlist” it would be great to be able to specify in both/either cases; copy everything or copy just the cover/first page.)

Hello @Plastic_Ingenuity, I have tested to copy a Planet subtopic with several Stack sub-subtopics to another presentation and it was possible to transfer all the content within it:

If you wish, you can send me the title of your presentations to test them :slight_smile:

I’ll try to shoot you a link later today!

Hello everyone,

I am editing a presentation that is now relevant to two different areas of Europe, rather than one as before. To segment the information in a way that is useful to the audiences, I would like to group several subtopics under one main topic into another layer. So it would be: Main Topic, Subtopics x 2 (France and Spain) and then branch out into the subtopics relating to each area.

I hope this makes sense and someone can help me with this! I often have to restructure presentations to respond to changing demands, so this knowledge would be super useful.

All the best,
Katrine

Hello @Katrine_Carstens, I have moved your question to the relevant topic :slight_smile:
You can easily select your subtopics and copy them into the main topic - make sure to go into the main topic first.

Let us know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

I realized what I was doing- for me, it works if you select the Subtopic shape in the main working space & proceed with Copy+Paste, but it doesn’t work if you select it in the left sidebar (in that case it only includes the topmost page).

Hello @Plastic_Ingenuity, I have tested it and both selecting the subtopic shape + copy paste or using the left sidebar are working out, as you can see in this example.

Could you please send me the view of one of the presentations were you tried it? :slight_smile:

I have a Prezi on a historic topic and I should like to add a timeline now. There is a template which uses exactly the kind of timeline I should like to incorporate into my already existing first part of the presentation. Can I somehow copy the timeline presentation and paste it into the existing one?

Kind regards,

Joerg

Hello @Joerg_Machek, I merged your post with the relevant thread.

You can easily copy/paste the timeline by following the instructions mentioned here. It’s also possible to save any kind of content to your Library and reuse it whenever you wish. Please, check how to do so here.

Hope this could help :slight_smile:

Thanks, this has been very helpful,

Kind regards,

Joerg

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I want to create a new prez with a topic existing in another one.
Is it possible to extract a subtopic to create a new one ?

Thank you !

Hello @Maxime_DUPUY, you can insert a subtopic into a new presentation by selecting it inside the editor, pressing CTRL+C and pasting it to the other presentation using CTRL+V. Please, check this tutorial video on how to do it.

It’s also possible to save any kind of content to your Library and reuse it whenever you wish. You can check how to do so here.

Let us know if you have any other questions! :slight_smile:

Hello @Thomas_Martin_Schimm, I’ve merged your question into the relevant topic. If you have two presentations of the same kind (e.g.: Two Prezi Present or two Prezi Designs), you can copy and paste elements with CRTL/CMMD+C and paste them with CTRL/CMMD+D.

You can also check this reply, it has details on how to reuse elements from your Library.