Sharing slides in presenter mode using Zoom or Webex

I am very familiar with sharing slides in presenter mode on PowerPoint; the feature in Prezi Next is very similar. However, when I am in presenter mode and share my screen with the audience on Zoom they can see my notes. How do I handle this without the audience seeing my notes? I used the partial screen share mode in Zoom so that my audience would not see my notes but it seems as though this feature would already not allow participants to see my notes.

1 Like

Hi @Lori_Porter, if you are using the Presenter view of the Desktop Application you get 2 windows.

The first window shows only your presentation and the second window shows your presentation and your presenter notes.

In case you share your complete screen with all your windows via Zoom or Webex, it is inevitable that the audience might see the content of all your windows be it a Prezi window, a Google Chrome window, or an opened file or folder. This is a feature of the screen sharing on Zoom or Webex if you decide to share your complete screen.

If you want to use the presenter view with screen sharing I would advise you to selectively share only the presenting window so you avoid sharing the one that contains your notes.

3 Likes