Shortcut to overview

Hello everyone

I like to be able to present in a conversational way by clicking on topics and drilling deeper down to subtopics and sub-sub topics. However, I like to be able to go back to overview directly without going through subtopic and topic.
Is it possible to make a “home-button” or a link so that you always can come back to the overview from anywhere in the presentation?

Based on your description, what we could recommend is “fake subtopics” (using shapes rather than subtopics). You can read more about them here.

1 Like

Hi I need some help.
Is there a way that when I do my presentation only with the arrow on the board (no mouse), i can choose the order of the “slides”? For exemple, at first, we see a world map. Then, I press the arrow and we zoom in Africa. After talking about Africa, I press the arrow and we’re back at the world map. Then I press the arrow and we zoom in Asia etc. I don’t want Asia to be right after Africa without zoom out to the world map in the middle. And I can’t use a mouse. Can you help me please?

Hey @Myriame_Tanguay I’ve merged your request to the relevant thread, check Lana’s reply above :slight_smile:

Currently you cannot go back to the Overview from any point in your presentation, however you can achieve this but you’ll need to restructure the presentation a bit.

Basically you need to create “fake subtopics” when you only have main topics (the continents in your case) and everything else is put into there. You can use animations such as zoom areas inside the topic to zoom or highlight the content there. By having only topics, you would zoom back to the Overview after each topic.

Hope this helped :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m happy to announce that we will introduce the ‘Home’ icon in Prezi Next soon (similarly to Prezi Classic), that will let you zoom out to the Overview no matter how deep you are in your subtopic structure. It will be available both in the Editor and in View/Present.

We will keep you posted.

Zs.

2 Likes

Can I put a button to go back to the beginning of the presentation inside the slides? If so, how do I do it?

Hello @julia_grandizoli, I merged your post with the relevant thread. This feature is not available yet, but I would recommend you to check the previous reply by @Zsuzsa :slight_smile:

Hey there - wondering if there is a way to change the flow of the presentation. So for example if I am in a sub-category of a sub category and want to get back to the overview slide without clicking all the way through the flow can you? I tried to add a home button - but can’t figure out how to link it back to the original screen.

Thanks!!

Hi @Jennifer_Paulsen, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.
Please check the answer above. :slight_smile:

Hi Jennifer,

The team has just finalized implementing the Home button, that will jump immediately to the Overview (Top level) in the editor and in all viewers. We just need to test this, and it will be out soon.

Zsuzsa

1 Like

Dear Zsuzsa,
Thanks for setting up this feature–is it (a “home” button) available now and how can we add it to a Prezi?
Kind regards,
Nalaka

Hi Nalaka,

The feature is still not out, but it should be available any day now.

Best,
Zsuzsa

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

We are glad to announce that the Home button is now available both in the editor and when presenting, so you will be taken directly to the overview. We also implemented a Zoom out button, that will allow you to go to the previous level of your presentation more easily.

home 2

Thank you for that buttons, is there a way for them to be always visible?

Hello @Dalibor_Vinkic, currently the buttons are only displayed when you move the cursor close to the right side of your presentation, but we’ll forward this feedback to the Product team!

Hi, are there any news on this feature? Because we’d also like for the “home” and “back” button to be always visible!

1 Like

Hello @Officine_Valis, currently the buttons are only available when moving the cursor on the right side of the presentation, but we’ll forward your request to our Product team!