Super slow

I have the same issue. The Prezi app is extremely slow. There also seems to be a limit on how many “sub-sub-sub-topics” the app can handle? My app starts acting even slower if I go deeper than 4 levels. Luckily, I am still on a trial. (Running on a new MacBook Pro (2017).

1 Like

We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. We want to let you know that we hear your issues and understand that performance is vital to a smooth and efficient editing process.

We take the quality and performance of Prezi Next very seriously. That is why our development team is dedicating additional time and energy into investigating and fixing the glitches you faced while using the editor.

To locate the root of these issues, it would be very helpful for us if you could share the following:

• type of computer used (brand/model)
  • the operating system (OS)
  • the browser used while editing (Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
  • browser version
  • the version number of the Prezi Next desktop application (if applicable)
  • RAM (memory) installed on the computer
  • graphics card (type and RAM)
  • the link to the presentation you were editing when you experienced the issues

The most thorough and helpful thing you could share with us would be a diagnostic exe. In this article, you can find a step by step guide on how to get this.

Thank you for helping us provide a better experience, and in the meantime, do not hesitate to share any feedback!

Already provided some of this info but here is more detail if you need it

This is the machine I use:

I use the desktop Prezi app (and keep it updated to latest version available) and Chrome browser

Here is a link to the presentation I am currently working on and having problems with:

Again, my main difficulty has been with selecting/resizing/moving/rotating multiple objects within a presentation.

1 Like

@Vanda REAAALLLYY slow at this time, slowest I’ve ever noticed, using desktop app, ~9pm US Central timezone. I mssg’ed over my computer stats, not sure what’s different at this point. Both edit and present modes affected. Jumpy. And the only other thing I have open are internet browsers, no other programs.

@Plastic_Ingenuity, we would love to forward it to our colleagues for quality and performance checkup. Could you please provide the following details for them to investigate further? Thank you!

• Graphics card
  • RAM and disk space
  • Browser (with version)
  • Operating system (with version)
  • Type of wi-fi connection

No prob, I’ll send over shortly. I’m armed to the teeth though, pretty sure I should be fast & furious!

We are having the same problem too. It has always worked before today. It is not my computer. Both Classic and Next are slow. . .

Same here. Using the app and its taking forever just to reposition images.

…much faster using the website than the app

We’ve just released a new version of the desktop application. Please let us know if the situation is better after installing it.

Ok, downloaded this and some great improvements. The select tools (ctrl and shift and drag) are working smoothly again thank goodness!

However, I am finding that the desktop app is still really lagging out for me in a specific circumstance- when I try and work on my large external monitor. I have a 15" laptop monitor (1920 x 1080) and a 24" 4K Dell monitor connected via HDMI (3840 x 2160). When I try to edit using the large monitor the desktop app lags out and runs terribly slow, and will continue to be a bit laggy on transitions between topics when I switch back over to the 15" screen. Seems to be working fast and smooth on the smaller screen. The problem is not very noticeable on my less complex presentations (such as https://prezi.com/view/ZO1ZgvmeHCE31rCTIJ5n/), but on this image heavy one (https://prezi.com/view/4kNDbeaNpvMv2rpm7nd3/) it is really bad

Hope this helps, really want to see this program working for all of us!!!

1 Like

New version? Where is it? Now, I only have around 20 templates on my desktop. . . . what is up with desktop app?

This is the behavior that is killing me as well. Loading slow? I can deal with that. Once it is loaded it behaves well, but designing a presentation can be slow, especially with the remedial drawing tools.

I even tried creating my line drawings in Powerpoint but when I paste them in, I get a white rectangle with some text, not the collection of lines I expected.

This is with the web version; I’ve not tried the desktop version. I’m in Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit), version locked by my IT department.

I tried FireFox, but Prezi only supports 64-bit and I’m locked to the 32-bit version there. I haven’t bothered trying with IE because it is slow on everything. Would love to hear if some other browser works better.

Could you please tell me in what format are you trying to insert the above-mentioned line drawings?

Genau.
In der Wartezeit kann man bequem eine neue Sprache lernen, z.B. Deutsch.
Heute im Editor zehn Sekunden gewartet, bis der Buchstabe “a” endlich erschien, trotz Top-Verbindung und Equipment, das scheint an endlosen Netzwerkabgleichen mit den Clouds zu liegen.

Ich hätte eventuell das X-NetStat zur Kontrolle installiert, musste aber auf Prezi Next warten…

I am using the Prezi Next desktop application and am also having major problems with lag. It consistently takes around 5 seconds before text I type appears on screen.

I’m using version 1.6.13 64-bit on a 3.3GHz quad core, 16GB RAM, GTX 1050Ti graphics card PC.

Using a new MacBook Pro and the desktop version is even slower than on my previous MacBook Air from 2012. Very choppy when typing and app stops working at times.

1 Like

@Noah_Faust, @elias.haglund could you please check this message and add any missing details based on the list? Then we will be able to forward the information to the responsible team.

Per your linked post:

• type of computer used (brand/model): Desktop PC
  • the operating system (OS): Windows 10
  • the browser used while editing (Firefox, Chrome, etc.): N/A
  • browser version: N/A
  • the version number of the Prezi Next desktop application (if applicable): 1.6.13
  • RAM (memory) installed on the computer: 16GB
  • graphics card (type and RAM): GTX1050Ti
  • the link to the presentation you were editing when you experienced the issues: https://prezi.com/view/8Cqeq7B5PCyxJ3vFdtxU/

The DxDiag output is here: https://pastebin.com/uXGXpY9E

Please keep me up to date with what you find.

Thank you for the details, @Noah_Faust.