Topic Shape & Layout - PPT import

Hello
I just tried the Import PowerPoint feature and it is OK especially when you have ppt’s and you do not want to create presentations from scratch to get them into a Prezi. Now the feature that edits Topic Layout & Shape does not seems to be available except when importing a powerpoint. I even can’t copy a topic from an imported powerpoint prezi to another one. Any ideas how to access that when I’m creating my own prezi and not importing a ppt?

Hello @Ali_Darweesh, in case you’d like to change/edit the topic cover you’ll need to right click on the topic/subtopic circle and select Advanced topic editing. Please consult this article tutorial to learn more about using this feature. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the response Sara

I’m already familiar with what you said. It’s just that when you import a ppt to a prezi, another option shows up that is time saving and effective. I cannot find that in prezi’s that were not originally an import. The pictures below may show that better. Am I getting that wrong coz it doesn’t make sense to me that you have a feature in certain type of prezi’s only.

aaa

Hi @Ali_Darweesh, you are correct in the difference you spotted. It is in our plan to make this change, and more available to all presentations in the near future.

1 Like

Great. Looking forward to that time-saving feature!
Best
A

Is there a list or tutorial available to indicate which templates have the “Shape & Layout” adjustment feature already available by chance??

At the moment, it is not template specific. If you start using the ‘Import from PowerPoint’ feature on your dashboard, you will have this, if not, you won’t.

@sebcachia gotcha. I typically start my presentations in Prezi & don’t do a whole lot in PPt. I get that you’re helping the transition over, but if there’s a way to pick something along those lines without using PPt first, I’m ALL ears!! Post an update when that option is available please?

1 Like

Sure. However, this type of Prezi’s seems to exist isolated from the rest; no copying of topics to or from any other already exiting prezi’s. I’ve got ready made topics in a source prezi where I usually use them to build new customized ones. I’ve been trying to use this feature for already made prezi’s but in vain. An update should make our life lots easier.

Best
A

Hi all,

Unfortunately PPT prezis and prezis made from templates are not compatible at the moment - there are differences between the editors, and it is not possible to bring over content from one to the other.
Good news: our developers are working hard to bring these two together, and have all features available everywhere - meaning to allow you to change topic shapes and layouts in templates as well, be able to add PPTs to prezis made from a template, and be able to copy paste content from one to the other. I will let you know once it’s all available.
What will be available the soonest: to be able to change topic shapes in all prezis, for all templates.

Best, Zs.

2 Likes