Topic to Subtopic to Topic to Subtopic

@Josephine I’ve merged your request to the thread discussing this feature request, please check some workarounds above in the meantime.

Is there a way to zoom out between subtopics? And certainly as we switch from one topic to the next, instead of moving from the last subtopic to the next topic, I’d like to zoom out to recap.
I am sure I can do this in a presentational format - but if I want to create the path idea using animations, how can I do that?

2 Likes

@Andrew_Chacko_M.D_MS currently it’s not possible, I’m afraid, but please check our workarounds above. We’ll update this topic with any news concerning this feature.

2 Likes

I currently use Prezi in my Kinder classroom so this feature would be AMAZING and make it much more user friendly for our kiddos!

2 Likes

OMG pleeeeeeaaaaaase make this feature available soon. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi

i have a prezi next with a topic with serveral subtopics.
in the presnettion i want to go back to Topic before moving on to next sub-topic.
is this possible??

Thanks

Claus

1 Like

@Claus_Hansen what you’re trying to do is currently not possible in Prezi Next but there’s a high demand for this feature and our development team is aware. For the time being, please check the workarounds provided earlier in this thread.

Same problem here. After doing my first few presentations on Prezi Next, it seems that Next is much more restricting than Classic I’m afraid…

1 Like

We are experiencing the same issue. Next is NOT for the creative nor for the innovator. We will still with Classic for now, but Next is out for us. Very sad. It has so much potential. We tried the “work arounds” and they did not work as well as Classic. I hope Prezi will implement the feedback it has been getting over the past almost year at a faster rate than it did for it’s first “additions” that were requested. . .

1 Like

Same here. As a new user even unable to use Classic. As long as this function is not available, Prezi is senseless to me.

2 Likes

Same here. I’m looking for the Prezi Classic editor (at least until this -unforgivable- issue is fixed ), but I can’t find it… any advice?

2 Likes

So I think this thread has taken a left turn… I originally requested being able to zoom out from a subtopic (back to the larger topic) much like the topics & overview behave. This specific request really has nothing to do with Classic editing techniques (there are definitely other threads in this forum to review in that regard.) When this changed to “Under Discussion” can we please clarify exactly what is being looked at?

@Plastic_Ingenuity a more flexible path editing structure is under discussion.

1 Like

OK thanks! That makes sense!! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How long will this take? It took way too long to move “under discussion” to “implemented” with the audio problem, we are still waiting for word about spell check. . . We need to make plans and need to know what your plans/timeline will be. . .
Thank you

1 Like

@RobinsNest_Pro we can’t share our development timeline publicly, I’m afraid, as it is a constant work-in-progress, influenced by several factors. We always make sure that our tagging reflects the current state of a certain requested feature.

Please add this very important feature soon. Next has been cutting down lots of freedom and caged creativity but this is one of the most unbearable step-downs.

1 Like

Hi there - has this been sorted? Is it being tended to? Would be really useful.

Thanks

1 Like

@Cat_van Please know that we will post any relevant updates here as soon as the feature is implemented.

Until that please try the recommended workarounds above. You are now also able to set a custom starting point and instead of starting your presentation with the overview page, you can commence with a topic/subtopic zoomed in.

It has been OVER one YEAR since we, your paying customers have asked for this feature to be fixed/added. How much longer must we wait? You say you will post something. The workarounds are clumsy and very time-consuming. It has been over one year! (I know I repeated it). Why does it take almost a year+ (there are features in the same twilight zone situation) for Prezi to implement what its customers are asking for? Please be honest about why it is taking so long and stop saying that you don’t give that information out or that you will let us know when the feature will be implemented. It just makes us trust Prezi’s integrity less and less with each time that you are not honest with us.

7 Likes