Topic to Subtopic to Topic to Subtopic

Yeah, we got tired of waiting. We are still on here just to monitor if anything will get done. It is really sad because not only did we leave, but all of customers did too. . . :frowning:

Hi,
I am trying to duplicate the topic slide to be able to see during the presentation a slide that I had shown before. Looking at the screenshoot, what I want to do is to pass from portfolio to innovation approach going back the topic slide between them. I am copy and pasting but every time I do that it creates a new subtopic circle, and that is not what I want.
Can you help please?

Hello @Cristina_Gavilan_Nav, I’ve merged your post into the relevant thread. Currently it is not possible to go back to the main topic between subtopics unfortunately. I apologize for any inconvenience. As a workaround you can create a subtopic which is identical to the main topic, and place it between your two subtopics, however this will always be a “subtopic slide”.

Thank you Sara! That’s a shame… it just doesn’t look good when presenting…
Anyway, thank you for your speedy message, I appreciate it

We feel your pain. We have had to look elsewhere now since Next will not do what Classic used to do. We did not expect Next to be identical, but it does not do many of the BASIC features that Classic used to do and yet here were are over 2 ½ years AFTER the request, we are still waiting for change. All we get are time consuming “workarounds” which make the presentations look clunky and unprofessional. (Yes we hope the the Prezi people are reading our responses to questions) :wink:

Good luck, we hope you can figure out another workaround that will work for you. Please post what you figure out for the rest of us who have the same problem you have encountered.

Hello,

except using notions of distance,how do we edit path ?
Let’s say I have a topic 1 and 2 and sub topics in the following hierarchy
_1.1
_1.2
_2.1
_2.2

Right now the order of slides would be 1-> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.2
but I would like something like 1 -> 1.1 -> 1 -> 1.2 -> 1 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2 -> 2.2 ->2
And Ideally I would like to have effects each time I go back to 1 or 2 since they are checklists (so every Time I get back I could use a fade in a validation mark in the list )

From What I have seen in

point 3. Creating A Path
I should have a a edit path button on the left menu, which I don’t, cf following screen capture of my project

On the left no edit button but the right (animation) column starts with Transition From XXX and end with Transition To XXXX which I would love to use, replace and modify but they are locked

I hope someone knows how to make edit path button appear :slight_smile:
And I thank you in advance

Hello @mickael_wajnberg, I’ve merged your post into the relevant thread. Currently it is not possible to zoom out to the main topic between subtopics in Prezi Next. I apologize for any inconvenience. The first screenshot you sent and the edit path button you mentioned was used in Prezi Classic, the previous version of Prezi. In Prezi Next we use topics and subtopics instead of frames, and you can change the order of them by drag and dropping the thumbnails in the left panel. If you have any other questions feel free to reach out to us, we’ll be happy to help.

1 Like

@Sara Thank you for the feedback and for placing my post where it belongs ^^

Still I do encourage you to add the "zoom in/out subtopic " animation, it could be very useful in term of presentation. And it should be a 3h (top) hours development work, since you already have these functionalities already developed (in presentation mode we can click a zone to zoom in, and the bottom left corner arrow to zoom out), it is just a link to add in the animation menu
Of course we can do it manually as I just said but if we want to keep a flow going in the presentation and don’t want to go back to the computer, it would be very helpful

(by the way , I am new to prezi and Damn … That’s really a great product ^^)

Have a nice day :smile:

Thought I’d bandwagon this topic with hopes of increasing Prezi’s awareness. No need to restate what’s been said already, but I too request Prezi add the feature to return to a topic between subtopics. Judging by the length and duration of this thread, it seems it would make a lot of customers happy (including this one). Thanks everyone.

1 Like

I hope more and more will post. We have been posting about this for over 2 years and NOTHING but lengthy and subpar “workarounds”. :frowning:

1 Like

The only reason I initially joined the paid subscription is because of this feature, and the only reason I have cancelled my subscription is because this feature is no longer available.

1 Like

At this point I think these prezi developers either incompetent or they don’t understand the meaning of the word “customer feedback”. This is absolutely irresponsible. I personally have advised more than 300 customers to convert to prezi paid version (when prezi classic was primary). But now I am tiered of giving customer (few which are left) lengthy workaround, explanation of why I cannot go to main topic, why the zoom function looks so dull, why there is no numbers in zoomed path above all WHY THERE IS NO GIF! The image editor is so dull and so impractical that it is beyond words! You guys are ruining yourself and us who were dependent on prezi.

1 Like

We have completely ended our promotion of Prezi altogether with our customers AND we have stopped our use of Prezi too. We are wondering if any feedback is actually being read and considered or if Prezi is just hoping that they can gain so many new customers who do not know what Prezi USED to do that they do not know what they are missing. . . it is very sad what Prezi has done to both themselves and to its loyal customers.