Topic to Subtopic to Topic to Subtopic

We too have suspended use of this service due to all of the workarounds that take more time to do and make Next look bad. My boss wanted to know what we were paying for, when I could not show him any of the features that we lost from Classic, he not only suspended our use, but also suspended our use of our older presentations so that none of our customers would ask what presentation program we are using. Pretty telling. . . . PREZI PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS and FIX this and other features that we have been asking for since Jan of 2017!

1 Like

I’m just adding my voice to the sea of disappointed users. I haven’t needed to do this in a presentation in years, but I have one coming up that I wanted to do this with. Imagine my surprise to find out that after years of paying for a subscription, I can no longer do something that I was able to do for free when I first came across Prezi.

I mean, this should be a really easy fix (just add a zoom out animation, c’mon!). Y’all (Prezi co) are picking a really weird hill to die on.

3 Likes

@Catarina

Are there any updates on this feature? It’s been TWO AND A HALF YEARS since someone requested this feature which would take at most half a day for one SWE to implement. What is going on? Prezi Next is more inflexible than PowerPoint. Why anyone is still paying for it beats me.

4 Likes

I agree with all.
Topic, some animations in the topic
-> Subtopic 1
-> Back to Topic (some Animations)
-> Topic 2
-> Back to Topic

Why isn’t this possible, and why does this take so long to be solved, in spite of all the requests

3 Likes

I need this feature too!

As it’s been more than 2 years I’m guessing that the dev team either don’t really care or don’t know how to do it!

2 Likes

Totally agree with you @David_Harrison. I love the look of Next, but this feature of Classic I really do miss!

Hello, I’m not really fluant un english but I’ll try …

I’m curently trying to create a prezi, but I don’t know how do to somthing. I’m in a sub-topic page and they are 6 sub-sub-topic page I want between those page to go back to the sub-topic page but I don’t know how to do it…

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks for reading / helping
Emilie

Hello @Emilie_Ther, I merged your post with the relevant thread. Currently, it’s not possible to do so in Prezi Next, but I recommend you to check this workaround. Let me know if it could help! :slight_smile:

Kāda nekā.

Wow, I came on to find an answer to this question and almost 3 years and no movement. Sounds like Prezi really doesnt care to listen to their customers too much. Makes you wonder if the people who make these decisions ever actually have to use the program, when this is such a no-brainer of a basic function. I am using it for grad school, but after that it wont be worth paying the full rate. It sounds like Power Point is making strides, so I will just switch back. Sad. I hate when upper management ruins a good thing bc they dont know how it actually works.

6 Likes

Same. I only paid for Prezi for presentations I’m doing as a grad student. Between Google slides and PPT, seems like I don’t need to pay to not get the things I want…

2 Likes

This seems to be common with sooo many Prezi features, whenever I search on the internet about how to do something in Prezi I find a thread like this. A request 2 - 4 years ago, a promise to look at getting it developed and then nothing ever happens. Prezi could be really useful but it lacks so many simple features. Very annoying Prezi.

1 Like

Hello community, we are happy to announce that this feature is currently under development phase and as soon as we have any updates we will let you know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So. . . it has been over 2 2/1 years and it is now “under development”? Wow. . . .just. . . .wow. . . . How long until it will be fully implemented?

2 Likes

Hi Robin,
Hope you have a wonderful day.
I was so sure you would be happy that our teams finally started to implement that. :slight_smile: I’m sorry to disappoint you with this.
Kindest regards,
Zsuzsa

1 Like

We have no ill will for Prezi. We actually love the idea of Prezi, but the lack of communication and answers to the almost 3 years of suggestions, problems, and lack of basic features (including the necessary migration from Classic to Next) from the past version has caused us to go elsewhere.

It now feels that Prezi has become a “paid” beta rather than a full and polished program. The subscription cost (for the same features and support as Classic) with Next is more than double than the same subscription “level” as the old Classic subscription and it is missing major features that made Prezi so unique and attractive. This feature along with other important features have been requested for over 2 1/2 years and yet many are still just being talked about. Prezi used to be all the “buzz” in our industry, but now it is not even mentioned. That is very sad for me personally, since I once was one of your greatest advocates. :frowning:

We will be leaving this forum soon since it appears with the length of time (over 2 1/2 years) to even get basic features from Classic to be considered and we cannot justify the cost of waiting longer for the requested features to be implemented.

All the best to Prezi as you go a new direction.

1 Like

Too much work. Prezi sells themselves as a “non-linear” approach to presentations. HOWEVER, that is only true from the overview perspective. Once I dive in I can’t come up for air until I follow the linear path. Disappointed to say the least. If it is not changed I’ll be moving on as well. Bummer cause I like a lot and love the concept.

2 Likes

Hello @Sara

This is SUCH a big problem! Can I get my licence money back?!
If you can’t return between subtopics to the main topic, this program is worthless. Now after starting to new presentations in Prezi, I find out, that this is a problem.

Tell me; will Prezi pay my lost workinghours at my work? I will have to do the to presentations all over again in Power Point!

Hello @Katrine_Lundgreen_Br, although this feature is not available yet, our development team is currently working on it and we will have updates soon :slight_smile:

Meanwhile, I can also recommend you to check this workaround, it might help out!

Dear community, we have some updates: this feature is currently being tested, and as soon as we have more details we will share it here :slight_smile:

2 Likes