Trimming video in the middle

Hi, I don’t just want to ‘trim’ the beginning or end of my video, is there a way to cut somewhere in the middle without re-recording the audio??

1 Like

Hello @Katherine_Brechner, currently you can only trim either the beginning or the end of the video, but we will forward your feedback to our Product team :slight_smile:

As a workaround, I can recommend you to download the video and you can edit it through a third party video editor software.

Hope this could help!

Although I feel the Prezi video template designs are excellent I believe that PV would be greatly enhanced through the addition of basic editing functions i.e. cut and paste within the timeline. Making a mistake means re-recording from scratch.This is not an efficient workflow scenario and hence makes Prezi video extremely limited. I get that Prezi Video is still a new feature. Are there any plans to expand editing functions?

Hi @Chris_Mooney-Singh, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic. :slight_smile:
I do understand that a more advanced editing feature would be welcome and useful in Prezi Video. I’ll forward your feedback to our product team and will update this thread if we have any news!

Stopping and restarting at the beginning is easy. Going back to record from the beginning when I screw up is much bigger problem. Not being able to trim out a piece in the middle is a bid negative of this software for me and I’m very disappointed to find out I can’t do that.
So, I agree that this is an important feature.

Also, I could not get the instructional video on how to trim to play with sound.

Hi @Barbara_Hopkins, I’m going to forward your feedback to our product team regarding the trimming feature.

Could you please link the video about trimming that you could not play with sound?

https://support.prezi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036062894-Trimming-your-video-in-Prezi-Video It is not that it doesn’t have sound exactly. It is that I have no control over it at all. I cannot stop or pause it or turn on the sound or full screen it or anything. It just runs no sound and too fast for me to catch any useful information.

Barbara Hopkins, Ph.D.
Economics Dept.
Wright State University
3640 Col. Glenn Hwy
Dayton, OH 45435
office: 937 775-2080
211 Rike
Fax: 937 775-2441
Barbara.hopkins@wright.edu

Hi @Barbara_Hopkins, these are Animated GIFs in the article and not videos so they should not have sound or a fullscreen mode.
These should loop indefinitely showing you the applicable actions.

Oh, well, In that case I think I would have found them more useful if they would sit still.

Barbara

Barbara Hopkins, Ph.D.
Economics Dept.
Wright State University
3640 Col. Glenn Hwy
Dayton, OH 45435
office: 937 775-2080
211 Rike
Fax: 937 775-2441
Barbara.hopkins@wright.edu

Hi @Barbara_Hopkins, thanks for the feedback, I’ll forward it to the respective team.