Unable to convert Classic presentations (edit greyed out)

I’m getting ready for the semester and I just found that a few of my Prezis have the edit function grayed out. Is there anything I can try to fix this?

Same here… I´m worried

@Juan_Carlos_Rihani_A I shared them with another account, made copies of them with the other account, and then shared them back. I can edit the copies.

I guess it’s something wrong when most of the buttons in the presentation creator doesn’t work!
Anyone else facing a similar problem?
Really frustrating!

Hi, I´m worried, in all the presentations I made with “Prezi Classic” the EDIT button (the pencil one) is blocked, it appears as a shadow and I can´t press it. And also in the presentation menu, the EDIT option is blocked.

As a mater of fact, also the “make a copy” option is troubleshooting, when I press it, a Box appears with the message “Impossible to duplicate this presentation. It seems that something went wrong. Try again”

PLEASE HELP, many of my lectures are made in Prezi Classic.

Hi @Juan_Carlos_Rihani_A, @Anton_Ekholm, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.

Adobe blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021. You are still able to view all your existing Prezi Classic presentations from your dashboard.

To edit please click the pencil icon on the thumbnail to convert and open the presentation in the Prezi Present editor. We also have a great article online where you can find more information with screenshots. Please check it out here.

@Juan_Carlos_Rihani_A, could you please send me a link to one of the presentations that are having this copying issue?

Thanks, but if the pencil is greyed out - along with the edit option - then how are we supposed to convert Classic presentations?

Hello @Clive_Hilton, could you please send us a screenshot of what you see so we can assist you?

@Bart @Catarina I am having the same problem - the pencil is greyed out, cannot be clicked. See screenshots:!
2021-03-15_12-47-08|292x500 2021-03-15_12-47-33

hello @Kate_Huddlestone, your current Classic license (EDU Pro) is expired, that’s why you’re unable to create a copy of your Classic presentations.

Would you like to renew it, or would you prefer to downgrade it to a free license?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ah! that does make sense… at this point, I would like to downgrade to a free license if possible.

Thanks @Kate_Huddlestone, your license is now updated, could you please check if you’re able to migrate your Classic presentations?

I have old and big prezi classic presentations that I use for teaching.
I need to substitute a video, but logging today into the system I noticed I cannot edit my prezi classic presentations? Why? The edit command is in light grey and cannot be clicked.

Is there a way to import them in Prezi present? Or edit them?

Hello @Andrea, I merged your post with the relevant thread.

Your current Classic license (EDU Enjoy) is expired, that’s why you’re unable to create a copy of your Classic presentations.

Would you like to renew it, or would you prefer to downgrade it to a free license?

Hi @Catarina , thanks for the clarification.
Would you kindly renew my free education license? So that I can edit my prezis (and hopefully convert them into prezi present?)

Thanks!
Andrea

Thanks for the confirmation @Andrea, your Classic license is now renewed, and you should be able to convert your Classic presentations to Present :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot, it works now!

2 Likes

Hi,
I have som old presentations that I would like to edit, but the pencil icon is greyed out, so I don’t have any edit options or any options to transform my old Classic presentations into Present presentations as described here: https://support.prezi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057482313-Converting-your-Prezi-Classic-presentation-into-a-Prezi-Present-presentation

Then what do I do?

Hello @Hannah_Paludan_Krist, I merged your post with the relevant thread. Your current Classic license (Pro) is expired, that’s why you’re unable to create a copy of your Classic presentations.

Would you like to renew it, or would you prefer to downgrade it to a free license (which doesn’t have privacy settings)?

Thanks @Catarina, am able to migrate and edit Classic presentations!

1 Like