[MAC] Uninstall Prezi Video

I’d like to uninstall Prezi Video, but when I try to open the uninstaller, I get this message – “Uninstall Prezi Video” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Hi @Monte_Lewis, could you send me a screenshot of that message you get?

Hi @Monte_Lewis, could you tell me your Mac OS version?

Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.4

Hi @Monte_Lewis, you can release this blocking in the system preferences under security and privacy:

If you don’t mind, could you tell me why are you planning to uninstall the application?
Hope my recommendation helps!

I don’t seem to have that Open Anyway option?

I wanted to add Prezi Video and use with Zoom calls, but my Prezis are on Prezi Classic. I don’t think Prezi Video works with Prezi Classic? And because I can’t uninstall, my Zoom, Webex, GoToMeeting, Teams cameras are also defaulted to Zoom Video.

Bart -
I tried again and it worked this time. Still interested in Prezi Video. Is there a way a path for my Prezis on Classic to migrate to the new Prezi?

Hi @Monte_Lewis, the Prezi Classic migration is not out yet, but it will be available in the future.

Thanks for your help. I would be interested in migrating when that becomes available.

1 Like

Hi @Monte_Lewis, we will update this thread once the migration is available. :slight_smile:

I would like to uninstall Prezi Video…it is interfering with other apps I use.

Please post where the uninstaller is.

When you download the Prezi Video, you have the option to open Uninstaller.

1 Like

Hello @Milton_Santiago, you can follow the previous recommendation to uninstall Prezi Video completely, but you’re also able to change the camera settings in Google Chrome by selecting the integrated one, so the PV camera doesn’t interfere with other applications :slight_smile:

I am having trouble with Prezi Video “stealing my camera as default.” I have only tried PreziVideo once. Ever since, on several applications for which my camera activates, I get an error message that PreziVideo is not active. I have to switch cameras every time. I looked on Prezi app to switch the default, but found no setting. I changed the default on my other application (for instance doxy.me for telemedicine) but Prezi “steals back” the camera every time and I get an error message. I then uninstalled Prezi and it still happens. Then I looked in Mac settings to disable, and Prezi (now uninstalled) doesnt even show up so I cannot disable it - perhaps I should have tried that before uninstalling)

Using a Macbook Air with the latest operating system

Its not that camera is not switchable, but it is getting old very fast as I make many telemedicine calls and have to switch the camera EVERY time I initiate a new call

1 Like

Hi @JEFFREY_MINKOVITZ,
I’m sorry to hear the inconveniences this issue have caused you.

I will report this to our developers so they can look into a solution.

Until then, I would suggest you to manually remove the Prezi Video Virtual Camera plugin from your Mac. You should be able to do this the following way:

• Open up Finder on you Mac
  • Click on GO on the top taskbar, select Go to Folder
  • Paste /Library/CoreMediaIO/ and open the folder.
  • Look for a file called PreziVideo.plugin and move it to the trash.
  • Restart the application that is having issues with the camera and see if the camera has been removed. A computer restart could be helpful here as well. :slight_smile:

If you decide to reinstall Prezi Video this plugin should also reinstall so this should not interfere with future usage of our product. :slight_smile:

Let me know if this helped!

1 Like

Yes it worked!!! Thanks so much.
It was actually hiding in a folder under plug-ins called DAL.

You should monitor other help feeds. Looks like since my post, which I can no longer find, a number of users had the same issue of camera being stolen and none of the posted suggestions match your great one

Jeff Minkovitz
Cell 410-937-6675

2 Likes

Prezi seems to have taken over default camera for Teams and for Webex. this thread helped me get rid of the plug-in. So, thanks. But, wow, this was a very frustrating experience.

1 Like

Hello @Brian_Schermer, it’s great you were able to remove the plugin with the steps mentioned in this thread, and we apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you.

We are constantly reporting all the issues to our development team so we can improve Prezi Video, and we’ll share your experience with them too, so thanks for sharing it.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please, feel free to reach out to us!

Hi-
I tried Prezi Video and have chosen not to use it. I used the Uninstaller to remove it from my Mac.

For some reason, the “Prezi Video Virtual Camera” remains an option as a camera for all other camera using applications on my Mac. For instance, when I used Google Meetings - it always defaults to the Prezi Video Virtual Camera and I cannot figure out how to uninstall the thing or get it off my Mac.

I want it gone. Please help! Thank you.