Uninstalled Prezi Video Mac but it still crashed other apps

I installed Prezi Video on Mac Catalina 10.15.4. but unfortunately led to all other video-using applications crashing on exit (Zoom, Quicktime, Snagit etc). So I tried to uninstall, and received the following confirmation after using the uninstaller (one of the options in the install program):

​Uninstalling Prezi Video Virtual Camera!
Uninstalling Prezi Video Virtual Camera completed!
Uninstalling Prezi Video!
Uninstalling Prezi Video completed!

BUT the Prezi Video Virtual Camera did NOT uninstall. And so my other software continued to crash every time I used them (super annoying, especially as there’s no access to support unless you’ve already purchased the software!).

here’s the console info for Zoom:

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: prezi-ar-vcam-plugin-queue

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000010
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [1686]

Here it is for Quicktime:

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: prezi-ar-vcam-plugin-queue

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000010
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [1419]

I eventually tracked down the rogue plugin file in /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/ and deleted it manually. Crossed fingers, the crashes have stopped for now…

Hi @Timo_Elliott, thanks for the detailed description and we are really sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you.

I’ve immediately reported the issue to our developers who are going to look into this.

My suggestion would also have been to remove the PV virtual camera plugin file from that specific location so I personally think the issue is resolved.

I will update this thread if I’ve got any news about this issue and the possible fix.