Using custom starting point

To have better control over your presentation’s flow, you can now have a custom starting point which also helps to reveal content at just the right moment.

You can add a custom starting point to a topic, subtopic, or page, as well as to an animation.

Click here or on the thumbnail below to see the example presentation.

38%20PM

Hi,

I’m looking at using prezi to have guides on how to accomplish some tasks within an app, is there a way to have multiple start points i can link to depending on what the user is trying to do?

Cheers!

Hey @Patrick_West I’ve moved your question to the relevant thread :slight_smile:
At the moment, it’s not possible to set multiple custom start points, the workaround would be to create several presentations - these can be the copy of one base presentation with the starting point set differently each time when needed.

Hope this helps!

I am trying to create a canvas that is blank and hide the content from the start of the page. Is it possible to start with a blank canvas and animate your way revealing content?

Hi @Liberty_Smack, there are multiple ways to achieve this effect:

Firstly, I’d recommend you to use our Blank template, and then you can either reveal your content by using a fade-in animation, or set one of your topics/subtopics as a custom starting point (which could be completely blank as well) and then zoom out to the overview to reveal your content.

I hope this is helpful, let me know if you have any other questions!

I want to propose to the developers to add a custom end point in addition to the custom start point.
When I use a share link for the audience of one of my public lectures, I do not want them to see all the extra spare slides in my Prezi which I keep there for other lectures. People with the share link should only be able to see those slides that I actually present in a particular lecture.

Hi @Stefan_Rahmstorf, thanks for the feedback, I’ll forward it to our product team.

In the meantime, you can create a copy of your presentation and remove the unnecessary slides.

For some reason, both a prezi that I created and any copies starts “in the middle”: on a random slide at the center of the presentation. Even a copy of the prezi does the same. Follow a link generated to the Prezi, it starts on a middle “slide”. I don’t quite know why this is happening, nor how to get it to stop. Is this something that I have turned on by accident. I’ve been using Prezi for a decade now and this hasn’t happened to be before.

Hello @Donna_Yates, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.

Could you please check if you’ve set up a custom starting point by accident in your presentation?

If not, could you please send me a link to your presentation?

That was it!! Thank you @Bart

3 Likes