Video file size and embed limitations

Hi,

Does anyone know what limitations there might be with loading video into a presentation?

I would like to load 20 x 50MB videos into one presentation. Will the presentation cope with this much video content? Will there be any performance issues? Is it better to embed it all from YouTube?

Any help much appreciated.

Paul

1 Like

Our recommended maximum size for a video file is 50MB. If you wish to insert 20 videos with this size, it most probably will cause performance issues or lagging, but it is also connected to the specifics of the computer you’re using.

If you need to insert so many videos, it might be a better idea to embed them from YouTube but please note that you’ll always need an Internet connection to present your presentation.

Thanks Vanda. It looks like YouTube is the way to go.
If I put the videos into the presentation and then downloaded it as a standalone file, would there still be performance issues (assuming people are
using the correct computer specifications)?

20 videos in a presentation would be very demanding even for a very strong machine, even if it’s a standalone file. What I would suggest to either use fewer videos or compress them to a smaller size if it’s possible.

That makes sense.

Thanks Vanda!

You’re very welcome, Paul, have fun creating your presentation!

Hey, a great free compression program is Handbrake. It’s a bit technical as it’s for pros, but you can use a slider that adjusts your compression level and it can easily make your vids 10X smaller and still look pretty darn good.

The compression slider has the best labeling I’ve seen:
Placebo%20Quality

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, @George_Greene.

I would like to sign up for the Plus subscription but before I do, I need to know how much video storage space is provided. As a Video Production company, I don’t want to purchase this and realize that I can only store a gb of video.

Hello @sharon_Meguira, I merged your post with the relevant thread. The size limit doesn’t depend on the type of license you have, please check the reply above :slight_smile:

Hi when you make prezi presentation file, I could not insert 300 MG file since it allows 50 MG size file only.

But when you guys make powerpoint , and you can store big file ,and run a video from computer.

Is there any way run a big file (500MG or so) rather than connecting Youtube or online.
I tried to convert my file to Youtube, and it takes a lot of time to convert.

Please let me know

Hi @Hong_Seok_Lee, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.
Please note that our video file size limit is 50MB. I would recommend you try this tool to convert your videos and see how that works out with your presentation. :slight_smile:

If i get the premium version , can I upload in the presentation a bigger video . like bigger than 1GB ?

Hi @Craciun_Alexandru, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.

Could you please check the answers above?

I have some questions, I need to know what is the maximum time of a presentation in prezi, what is the maximum size of a video that prezi supports, what is the limit of videos that a prezi supports, and for how long the presentations stay in dashboard.
Thank you for your attention to this request of mine!

Hello @Rosa_Avello1, I merged your post with the relevant thread. Firstly, please check the reply above :slight_smile:

The presentations will remain connected to your account for as long as you wish, as they are only removed if you choose to delete them.

Hope this could help, and please, let us know if you have further questions!

Even with a very strong machine, 20 videos in a presentation would be very demanding, even if it is an individual file. If you’re able to, then you might consider either using fewer videos or compressing them to a smaller size, if that’s possible.

1 Like

Thanks for the help!!
I decided to split the presentation into two parts, like two independent presentations.
But I would still really like to know how many megabytes of video a prezi supports and if it makes a difference to be one or several videos. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Rosa_Avello1 we recommend that each video shouldn’t have more than 50MB.

If you have several videos of this size inserted in your presentation, then it’s really dependant from the specifications of your machine to be able to run it :slight_smile:

Ok! Thank you very much… :grinning:

1 Like