Video is terribly blurry

I have created a video with Prezi Next. My students loved it. But they told me that it was terribly blurry - both image and text, which are perfect in Prezi Next in normal presentation mode.
Why is it like this?

Hello @Beat_Troller, could you please send us the title of the video so we can investigate it?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Catarina

I got frustrated and I deleted it.

The title could be called KVLU INWI BSC Video.

The film is on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FcOziGCTi4

Kind regards, Beat

This also has happened each of the 4 times I’ve used Prezi Video with Zoom and WebEx. Often the first person who joins can see fine, but everyone else reports it as blurry. …Which sadly defeats the awesomeness of being able to sit side-by-side with my content.

Hey @Beat_Troller when you’ve downloaded the finished file with the desktop app, did the quality already worsen, or only after uploading it to YouTube?

@Lyndon_Cudlitz Could you also send us an example so we can check the issue?

Hope to hear from you soon!

It wasn’t uploaded to Youtube. This occurs when I’m giving a live webinar through zoom & webex (the newer Prezi Video function). It looks absolutely fine on my end, but almost all of my attendees report that it is blurry to them (as well as my image).

Everything with my zoom and camera work fine when not connected to Prezi.

Hey Sam

The file was already bad.

I will create another video tomorrow and make it available to you.

2 Likes

Hey, I have the same problem with connecting my prezi to zoom. Just did a test drive for a webinar tomorrow and it looks fuzzy for participants but sharp to me. Is there any resolution to this matter before I scrap my whole presentation and create a regular powerpoint…?

Hey everyone, we did some more investigating, and could see the following:

The increase of Zoom’s userbase went from 10 million daily active users to 200 million in 3 months. As we are also struggling in our remote meetings with quality issues, we’ve tried to contact Zoom but so far no fix or workaround was found. So we’ve investigated them and checked the data packages being sent in Zoom, and found that earlier we had 1080p quality between our participants almost all the time, and now now the maximum we get is 360p, so roughly the third.

We’re trying to rectify this on a high level but as of now we just have to wait. We are looking for alternatives, but the best options are GoToMeeting or Cisco Webex, which are paid services and most probably suffering from the same issues right now. We’ll keep you updated as we find out anything new.

All in all: the reduced performance is due to the video conference software server capacity running low because of the increased demand. Unfortunately, this is outside Prezi’s jurisdiction, and the only solution for now is patience and hoping more server capacity will soon be available to us.

Once again, once we find a tangible solution, we’ll update everyone in this thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had the same issues, which is a pity since this is such a great presentation tool. Helpful response from the Prezi team, but I don’t understand why I can achieve a perfectly crisp Share Screen of my desktop version of the Powerpoint on Zoom for users, whilst the virtual Prezi Zoom Video of the same material on the same call is blurred, even in full screen mode? I guess this must be to do with the way Zoom is configured. Or have I missed something?!

Hello @Jonathan_Reynolds, due to the fact that Prezi Video uses its own virtual camera and the current usage of the Zoom application, we still cannot guarantee a higher performance.

If you could also send us a screenshot displaying this issue would be great, so we can send more examples to Zoom.

Let us know if you have further questions!