VR in Prezi Present

Greetings,

Would it be possible to make Prezi “editor” usable for VR?

It would help much with organizing schematics of different depths, like biology topics (with links between organ/tissue/cells/proteins), and improve focus while mesmerizing the entire presentation.

Such a software could become the ultimate learning tool.

Having physical textbooks being released under Prezi VR would be amazing.

Best regards,

M

Hi @Mike

Thanks for the suggestion! Could you perhaps elaborate on it so we get the full context of how you would like to use Prezi with VR? :slight_smile:

Greetings,

The use of VR would be to help adding repetitive objects in the presentation through new controls and to provide a more stimulating learning environment once the presentation is completed, by being able to move around it in VR.

Specifically, for pre-Doctoral exam (after the 1st year), students need to know all theory on the tip of their fingers. Thus, creating a “big-picture” image (20 Gb+) would help to learn especially for my visual-learning oriented mind.

The file I look to create would look like the following. The canvas would be an human body picture/3D model and zooming in to display further details would be the goal here. For example, human anatomy, endocrinology networks could be the first two higher levels. Then, at the “organs” level, I’d add: histology pictures (for all 120+ cell types in the body) (with arrows indicating daughter cells after differentiation) and a metabolical biochemistry pathways chart. While continuing zooming into a specific cell type, at the cell level, I’d insert: cell-specific proteins’ pictures or their animations (.pdb file), a list of protein inhibitors/activator and a cell-specific lipids’ list. While continuing to zoom-in, at the DNA and protein level, I’d add: proteins interraction networks (specific for each cell type), pictures of gene structure, lists of information regarding RNA and a list of gene specific inhibitors/activators. Next to the human canvas would probably be standing a chronological embryo canvas, with each developmental biology steps, were I would repeat the same structures level as for the humans canvas. Ultimately, this same dual canvas template could be repeated for various animals or anatomical parts. I would make a third template about various cell division steps for various organisms and various reproduction method at the cell level.

Thus, for the software design, it would be nice if Prezi could handle custom animation files or protein structures from Protein Data Bank (rcsb.org) such as .pdb files. Also, instead of the current zoom-in/zoom-out function on 2D template, it’d be nice for a VR version to be able to rotate in 3D around objects in the presentation; pretty much like in “Space Engine” on Steam and were you can type space coordinates to move towards it (which would be organ name, hormon name, cell type name, enzyme/substrate name and protein, DNA or RNA name).

For the controller design, maybe Prezi could release its own VR controller? it’d be nice to use somatosensory gloves with multiples buttons under each finger tip to replace the rather old-school menu bar. Maybe macro could be set on specific finger button in order to open specific locations on PC to browse for files for inserting in the presentation. Also, being able to physically grab objects/images in VR, stretch them and throw them in the presentation would be more muche more stimulating than with the current mouse system. On top of it, having a laser-like on the tip of the finger, to point with, could be used to draw images in a Paint-like software. Maybe Micosoft Hololens 2 will provide the “controllers”?

Overall providing a better “working environment” for current software GUI (in general, not just Prezi) would be needed and being able to be immersed in the big-picture canvas I depicted would be much more stimulating for creating as well as learning than currently using two fingers (out of ten) to control a mouse.

Thanks for considering these suggestions,

M

1 Like