What acts like a container?

So I just recently made the switch from Prezi Classic, and I can’t seem to find anything that works like a container. By that, I mean a box I can put around a few objects where I can click on the box and then resize or drag around everything in the box. Frames did that easily in the classic interface. In the new interface, the zoom-to areas look like they should work that way, but they don’t. I’m constantly dragging my cursor around groups of things to move them around.

Any tips for a container-like function in the new interface?

Hello @Derek_Bruff, welcome to our forum! :wave:

Currently, the closes thing to frames is the Zoom-to areas. Could you please describe in more detail what are the main differences you experience between the two?

With frames, I could click on the frame and then resize or move everything in the frame at once. That’s what I mean by it acting like a container. And it could be a visible container, too, if I picked that frame option.

The zoom-to areas work well enough for the viewing path, but they don’t act like containers. So if I want to move a group of content, I have to very carefully select all the content with my mouse (which is hard, if there’s some kind of background image or shape) and then I can move it around.

It would be a lot easier to just click the zoom-to area and be able to move that whole grouping of content.

1 Like

Thanks, @Derek_Bruff, for the detailed answer. It is super helpful. I’ll make sure to share this with our product team.

As a workaround, you can group the Zoom-to area with your objects together, so you can move and/or resize everything together.

Thanks, that’s helpful. I’ll try that for a while and see if it works for me.

1 Like