Which instructions do you include when sending prezi link to clients, prospects, etc?

I can tell from my analytics, that when sales prospects open my prezi, they get stuck. Many cases show they’re on page 1 for 1-2 minutes, then nothing else. When sending the prezi link to sales prospects, clients, etc. that aren’t familiar with Prezi, what instructions do you include in your email?

The first thing I request is that they attempt to view in their Chrome browser. (Any time anyone has an issue, that’s the first thing I ask about = browser choice. It simply doesn’t function as smoothly in any others, in my experience.) I’ve never asked anyone to download the Prezi app, but it might not be a bad idea?

The second thing I mention is to simply give them their “slide advancement” options, meaning something like:
“Once you click on the link and press Play to begin the presentation, you can navigate through the provided information in 3 easy ways- 1/ (laptop/desktop) your left & right keyboard arrow keys will take you fwd & backward as needed, 2/ (laptop/desktop) if you hover your mouse cursor towards the bottom of your screen, left/right arrows will appear and you can use those in the same way you’d use your keyboard arrow keys, or (mobile version) if you tap the left & right sides of your viewing screen, and 3/ the most interesting way to view is by clicking any topic bubble on screen to view that information in any order (single-clicking a bubble will zoom in and show you its contents on desk/laptops, double-clicking does so in mobile) and you can continue clicking to delve deeper &/or use arrow functions in combination. Feel free to play around & let me know if you have any questions!”

I didn’t really copy & paste from my emails, above is an off-the-cuff summary, so it might be worded differently to sound better depending on who you’re communicating with, but you get the picture. I basically try to outline the tools and hope they catch on. Analytics are fantastic for letting me know about getting stuck, just as you’ve noticed, so I encourage our Sales team to follow up with individuals like that maybe 24-48 hrs after their unsuccessful attempt.

2 Likes

I find Prezi support to be so lean that it’s practically useless.Thank heaven for this community!

Does anyone have some short phrases they’ve developed to help a user understand Prezi if you are sending a link to a group you don’t know. I am NOT presenting the prezi personally but rather, I’m giving them the link and they will view at their leisure IF they can figure out what to do.

You can use an article from our Knowledge Base that explains the steps of viewing a presentation. It includes screenshtos and a video, as well, if some visual aid is needed.

Thank you for the response but my issue is WHEN I AM NOT PRESENTING but giving the Prezi to the end user, how do THEY know how to proceed.

You can also send them this article which they can open on their end or you can use some excerpts from the article that explains the process.

3 Likes