Will Prezi Classic be shut down soon?

What about prezi’s that we have until now? We can’t transfer in prezi next…some of them need to make changes … What we 'll do with them?

Hello @kostas_Zigouris, I merged your post with the relevant thread. Please, check the reply above :slight_smile:

“You can still present, edit and create presentations on Prezi Classic. In fact, earlier this year we released our new improved WebGL player that allows you to present your Prezi Classic content without the need of Adobe Flash.”

Can some please explain how, by 2020, one can/will access Prezi’s WebGL player (per the Przi;s proclamation below) " in order to present Prezi Classic presentation via a classroom computer?

Hi @Thom_Didato, our current viewer is already based on the WebGL. You can continue to create Classic presentations within Classic, but that is based on Flash (not WebGL).

Hi Kata -

Thanks for your response. But to clarify… Come 2020, is there any way i can still use/present prezi Classic presentation once Flash is dead? (i.e. - could/should I download them and run off a usb – as opposed to using a web browser?). Basically, what do you recommend the best way for educators to still be able to present/use old prezis in front of a classroom??

Hi @Thom_Didato, we already use a webGL based viewer in our Classic (and Next) viewer page, meaning that you don’t need Flash to be able to present your Classic presentations in the web browser. You will be able to present your old presentations in the classroom!

Really? …Then why do I occasionally get the “allow flash” prompt in my browser when trying to access/view Prezi Classics (perhaps using an old browser that still default to flash?)?

Hi @Thom_Didato, our editor is Flash based, our view page in the browser is WebGL based. If you go to your Dashboard and simply hit present on any of your presentations, or open a view link the ‘Allow Flash’ message won’t come up. If you go inside the editor, then it will. We are actively exploring solutions to the editor, but presenting should not be a problem, since you already don’t need Flash to present a Classic prezi.

After flashplayer expires, will the prezi classic presentations still be available to use?

Hi @Nia_Stringfellow, you’ll be able to use them, we have no plans to shut down Prezi Classic. We are also looking into ways to make it easier to bring Classic content into Next. We are actively exploring possibilities at the moment, so I don’t have a specific timeline or solution to share, but I look forward to sharing a more specific answer with the community soon.

Many, many thanks for that clarification!!!

So basically, i can still present – but will have a hard time (impossible) trying to edit/update any prezi classics.

Hi @Thom_Didato, yes, you’ll definitely be able to present. For the editing, I don’t have the right to share an exact update with you, but we are actively exploring multiple solutions. :slight_smile: I hope this helps!

Dear @kostas_Zigouris, My company offers a service to convert Classic Prezis into Prezi Next. They are fully editable upon conversion. Take a look at the example and information here: Convert Prezi Classic to Prezi Next

Robin Pierman, Prezi Expert at TeachMePrezi

@Thom_Didato, I highly recommend upgrading to a paid Prezi Classic subscription and using the desktop Prezi Editor. This eliminates the Flash problem.

Google just announced they are not supporting Flash player. Everything in Prezi Classic is in Flash. Does this mean that all that I have built in Prezi Classic is going to be unusable?

1 Like

Hi @Christopher_Carr, I have merged your comment into the relevant topic. :slight_smile:
You can see my colleagues’ answers above, hope they answer your question.
Let me know if you have further questions.

I am very happy to hear this from a prezi employee. Thank you for your honesty! As a customer since 2010 I hope to be able to trust an enjoy prezi - as prezi should be (classic) again soon!

1 Like

Hello community, we have some great news to share!

There’s no need to worry about your Prezi Classic presentations even after browsers end all support for Flash, we are currently working on the process of making it possible to open and edit your Classic presentations within the Flash-free Prezi Next editor. In addition, we are also working on implementing some highly requested features in Prezi Next such as the advanced controls for the navigation path or animated GIF support.

You can check our blog post for more details :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is fantastic news guys.

I like many will be so pleased to hear this and particularly as you won’t be dropping the many people who helped you on your way to a great product.

Kind Regards

Robert Alexander

CEO

3 Likes

Hi Catarina and the Team at Prezi. Your blog seems to miss the point. The loyal customers who have used and paid for Prezi Classic for years - and who want to continue to use it (and their past presentations) in the future - don’t want you to shoehorn Classic into Prezi Next. Many people do not want or like the interface of Prezi Next. Instead, they need the interface of Prezi Classic, and if you have to build it without Flash, then that’s what must be done, with you supporting Classic and adding valuable new features on top of it (e.g. adding animated gifs). Please can you utterly assure all of us customers who have used Prezi Classic for years and who want to use it in the future, that all our existing Prezi Classic presentations will be completely useable, editable and supported for the long term and that any new Prezi Classic presentations we create will be produced using the same interface and have the same features, especially the ability to see and move slides, shown on the left, as past Prezi Classic presentations?

1 Like